Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

"Lets talk Honey"

Just how valuable are bees? You know those incredible flying insects that can sting the mess out of you, even be fatal to those allergic to them. Do you see them as just a flying nuisance? Lets set the record straight on just how beneficial they are to the environment and your own health. First of all let me tell you up until a few years ago I was one of those I hate bees people who runs away screaming when one would come buzzing near me. If I even suspected a bee hive was being built near my porch, shed, carport, house, bushes you name it, I was pulling out the wasp spray ready to spray down any thing that even remotely resembled a beehive. When I started gardening a few years back & saw just how involved the bees were in my garden I became tolerant of them. But it wasn't until I began my journey to a healthy lifestyle that I discovered the multiple benefits they have on life on Earth.
Lets start with Bee Pollen it is very high in protein {40%} and carbs it contains 22 nutrients required by our own bodies, including all the B-complex vitamins, vitamins C, D, E, K & Beta Carotene (vitamin A) plus numerous other minerals, plant source fatty acids, enzymes & coenzymes & 22 amino acids including all 8 essential amino acids that our own body can not manufacture itself. Needless to say this is a super whole food.
Next lets look at Raw Honey it contains all essential minerals, it is free of bacteria and its anti-viral/anti-fungal. Its a natural energy buster, its the only food that contains "pinocembrin" (an antioxidant associated with improving your brain function.) Raw organic & local is the best most healthiest ways to consume it. I have used raw honey in my tea, as a spread on toast, in my sweet potatoes, as a cough reliever, in homemade brownies and sometimes just giving the kids a big spoon full right out of the jar!
Next is Propolis it is one of the most powerful antibiotics found in nature, bees use this substance to seal their hive protecting it from outside contaminates. It has been used over the centuries to heal ulcers & sores.
Lastly there is Royal Jelly it is rich in protein, vitamin B-complex, vitamin C, vitamin E, and inositol. It is said to be able to reduce stress. Royal jelly is widely know for its poplar use as an anti-aging element said to keep the skin looking youthful & smooth adding to the natural collagen. The list goes on & on.
Let me tell you these few tiny facts I have shared with you just skim the top of the hive regarding how useful & absolutely awesome bees are to us. I encourage you to read more about bees & the benefits honey can have on your health. Here is a great website to check out incredible bee info. Knowing all this has really changed my outlook on these wonderful insects and once again I stand amazed at Gods incredible craftsmanship. I have even talked with my husband about the idea of us raising our own bees, ha know that would be interesting.
I came across this quote from Albert Einstein, "If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live."  Now that's something to think about the next time you get the urge to kill some bees!

1 comment:

  1. This is really amazing! I have never really taken the time to see the benifits of honey. I have to admit, I am one of those bee killers...... :)

    ReplyDelete